Our Music Curriculum
At Kitwell we believe that Music is a unique way of communicating, that can inspire and motivate children. We want music lessons to be fun, creative and engaging. Music at Kitwell reflects the culture and society that we live in. We want children to feel confident, reflective and expressive, developing their own appreciation of music with the opportunities provided in school.
The aims of music teaching are to enable children to:
- Know and understand how sounds are made and then organised into music structures;
- Know how music is made through a variety of instruments;
- Know how music is composed and written down;
- Know how music is influenced by the time, place and purpose for which it was written;
- Develop the inter-related skills of performing, composing and appreciating music.
Click on the links below to find out more...
Long Term Overview