How are the teacher’s in school helped to work with children with Special Educational Needs or Disability and what training do they have?
The Inclusion Manager’s job is to support the class teachers in planning for children with SEND.
As part of the performance management cycle, the school has a training plan for all staff to improve the teaching and learning of children including those with SEND.
Individual teachers and support staff attend training courses run by outside agencies that are relevant to the needs of specific children in their class.
We tailor the training to meet changing needs. Currently staff have or are planning to have training in the following areas:
- Autism Awareness and strategies
- Dyslexia awareness and strategies
- supporting pupils with medical needs
- Speechlink – Speech, Language and Communication difficulties
- Attachment theory, awareness and strategies
- Emotion Coaching
- A range of interventions for reading, writing and maths
- Behaviour, social and emotional difficulties
- How to write and use Social Stories
- Comic strip conversations
- Epilepsy Training
- Making children more independent - task boards and now and next boards
- Strategies to support ADHD in the classroom.