In Spring 2019, Kitwell achieved this prestigious National Wellbeing Award - this reflects our hard work and commitment to the promotion of positive emotional wellbeing and mental health for our children, staff and all members of the school community.
The award has changed the long-term culture of our school, embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, schools can:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues.