About the Wellbeing Award for Schools
This whole-school award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, schools can:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues
To enable Kitwell School to achieve this award, staff, children and parents/carers need to complete a short questionnaire. The links to these questionnaires can be found below. Please click on the relevant questionnaire and follow the instructions. Thank you.
This letter is for our parents and carers and explains more about the award. Click the icon to view!